7.20.2009

You know it... but you dont realize it until it happens

I had an absolutely amazing team for Backyard Bible Clubs this year. It was truly wonderful to watch God work through 4 highschoolers to two groups of kids. I just thought I'd share something that I learned during this week of driving them around and listening to what was going on with them as they experienced this.

On Wednesday night, Erin shared the Gospel with the kids. She did really well. Afterward, back at the church, we were talking and I told her that I thought she did well. To that, she said, "It was God, not me!" Even though she felt she had done well, she knew that God had worked through her. Talk about awesome!

The big night was Thursday, Erin did the Gospel again... but didn't feel as if she did very well at it. It didnt go as well as it did the night before. However, I thought she did just fine. So, I told her that afterward again. She was still feeling badly.

The point was... God doesnt change. He still used Erin, even if she didnt feel like it. God had said exactly what he wanted said. The Holy Spirit was still able to work through Erin on both days as much as He wanted to work.

You know God is cool! It just hits ya harder when he works when we dont feel like it!

No comments: